Facts about Jade Yoga Mats
Jade yoga mats are one of the most popular choices for yoga enthusiasts. Known for their eco-friendliness, durability, and grip, these mats are made from natural rubber and are designed with the environment in mind. Here are some essential facts about Jade yoga mats:
|Eco-Friendly||Jade yoga mats are made with natural rubber and do not contain any PVC or synthetic rubbers. They follow all US environmental and labor laws and even plant a tree for every mat sold.|
|Durable||Jade aims to make the best-performing yoga mat on the market. They offer different mats for different needs, such as the Voyage for portability, Harmony for an all-purpose mat, and Fusion for extra cushioning. These mats are built to last and withstand intensive use.|
|Grip||Jade mats provide superior grip, even during hot yoga practices. The natural rubber has a sticky texture that grabs onto the ground, keeping you stable and secure in your poses.|
|Latex-Free||Jade mats are 99% latex-free. However, if you have a severe latex allergy, it’s best to avoid these mats to prevent any potential skin irritation.|
|Made in Compliance||All Jade yoga mats are made in compliance with US environmental and labor laws. You can be confident that your yoga mat has been ethically produced with sustainability in mind.|
It is also essential to note that custom items take 12-13 working days for production before shipping. Jade partners with Trees for the Future to help offset the environmental impact of their yoga mats by planting a tree for every mat sold. With Jade, you can have a reliable, high-quality yoga mat that supports both your yoga practice and the environment.
Cleaning Tips for Jade Yoga Mats
Maintaining a clean yoga mat is essential, not only for hygiene but also for extending its life. Follow these tips to keep your Jade yoga mat in pristine condition.
Wiping Down with a Damp Cloth
Wiping your mat down with a damp cloth after every practice is a simple yet effective way to keep it clean. You can use just water or a cleaning solution made specifically for Jade yoga mats. Distilled water or a Jade plant-based mat cleaner works great for lighter cleaning.
Cleaning with Soap and Water
For a deeper clean, use a gentle cleaning solution and a soft-bristled brush or cloth. Jade Yoga offers its own plant-based mat wash for natural rubber mats. You can also use ready-made cleaners such as Jade’s Plant-Based Mat Wash or Manduka’s Natural Rubber Yoga Mat Restore. Avoid vinegar or high-concentration essential oils, as these can degrade the natural rubber.
Washing Your Jade Yoga Mat
If your mat needs a more thorough cleaning, you can wash it in a front-loading washing machine on the gentle cycle. Use a small amount of laundry detergent and avoid fabric softener. Air dry your mat for at least 30 minutes after washing.
If your Jade yoga mat has stubborn stains or odors, deep cleaning may be necessary. Fill a bathtub with lukewarm water and a mild liquid soap or organic soap. Soak your mat for 15-20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with clean water. Air dry your mat for at least 24 hours, avoiding direct sunlight.
Regularly wiping down your mat with distilled water or a vinegar and water solution using a microfiber cloth can help keep it clean in between practices. Remember to clean your mat after every use, especially if you sweat a lot.
Eco-Friendliness of Jade Yoga Mats
Jade yoga mats have gained popularity in recent years due to their eco-friendliness, durability, and superior grip. In this section, we’ll delve deeper into the eco-friendliness aspect of these mats.
Jade yoga mats are made of natural rubber, which is a renewable, sustainable resource. Unlike synthetic rubber, which is derived from petroleum and often contains harmful chemicals such as PVC, Jade’s mats contain no PVC or other synthetic rubbers. This makes them a healthier choice for you and for the environment.
Furthermore, Jade follows US environmental and labor laws in the production of their mats. They also have a partnership with Trees for the Future, a non-profit organization that helps to plant trees in areas affected by deforestation. For every yoga mat sold, Jade plants a tree, which helps to combat climate change and supports a healthier planet.
Jade’s commitment to eco-friendliness goes beyond just their products; they also aim to create the best-performing yoga mats on the market. This means that their mats are not only good for the environment, but they also provide superior grip and comfort for your yoga practice.
Jade Yoga Mat Durability
Jade yoga mats have become increasingly popular among yoga enthusiasts over the years. One of the many reasons for their popularity is their eco-friendliness, durability, and grip. Here are some important facts about the durability of Jade yoga mats:
- Jade mats are made in compliance with all US environmental and labor laws.
- A Jade yoga mat can typically last 1- 2 years for dynamic yoga and up to 4- 5 years for gentle yoga.
- Regular maintenance and hygiene are important to prevent bacteria buildup and extend the life span of the mat.
- Open cell technology in a yoga mat absorbs sweat while closed cell technology requires wiping clean.
It’s important to understand that the lifespan of a Jade yoga mat may vary depending on usage and maintenance. If you’re someone who practices more dynamic, vigorous yoga sessions, then you may need to replace your mat more frequently than someone who practices gentle yoga.
Regular cleaning and maintenance are essential for keeping your mat in good condition. Deep cleaning should be done once or twice a month in a bathtub with warm water and mild liquid soap. Avoid using harsh detergents or abrasives that can damage the mat.
After cleaning, ensure that the mat is dried thoroughly without exposure to direct sunlight. Hanging the mat over a shower curtain rod or laying it on a dry towel for air-drying is an excellent choice.
Yoga has become a popular form of exercise and mindfulness practice. Regular practice of yoga offers many health benefits, including improved flexibility, strength, and mental clarity. To reap the benefits of yoga, maintaining proper hygiene of your yoga mat is essential. Let’s explore the health benefits of cleaning your yoga mat and the risks of not cleaning it.
Health Benefits of Yoga Mat Hygiene
There are numerous health benefits of keeping your yoga mat clean. Here are some of the most significant benefits:
- Prevents bacteria and germs from accumulating on the surface of your mat
- Minimizes the risk of infections and skin irritations
- Removes dirt and sweat that can cause unpleasant odors, which may distract you during practice
- Increases the lifespan of your yoga mat by preventing mold growth and fiber deterioration
Risks of Not Cleaning Your Yoga Mat
Not keeping your yoga mat clean could lead to several health risks. Here are some of the most significant risks:
- Bacteria and germs build-up which can potentially cause infections, particularly if you have cuts or abrasions on your skin
- Unpleasant odors and mold growth can develop on the mat, which may distract you during practice and make it harder to focus
- Decreased lifespan of your yoga mat due to mold growth and fiber deterioration
- Exposure to dirt and sweat that may cause skin irritations and acne breakouts
Tips for Cleaning Your Yoga Mat
Cleaning your yoga mat can seem like a daunting task, but it’s essential to maintaining proper hygiene. Here are some tips for cleaning your yoga mat:
|Step 1||Prepare a cleaning solution by mixing equal parts of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle|
|Step 2||Spray the solution onto the surface of your yoga mat and let it sit for a few minutes|
|Step 3||Wipe the mat with a clean cloth or sponge|
|Step 4||Rinse the mat with clean water and wipe it with a clean cloth or sponge|
|Step 5||If possible, let the mat dry in an airy place with towels to absorb excess water. Mats should not be dried in direct sunlight as this can cause the mat to fade and eventually break down.|
If you have an old yoga mat that you no longer use for your practice, don’t throw it away just yet! Here are some creative ways to repurpose your old yoga mat:
- Coasters: Cut your old yoga mat into small squares and use them as coasters for your drinks. The non-slip surface of the mat makes it perfect for preventing your drinks from sliding around.
- Seat liners: Cut the mat to fit the seats of your car or outdoor chairs. The cushioning of the mat provides comfort, and the non-slip surface keeps the liners in place.
- Knee pads: If you’re working on a project that requires kneeling, cut your old yoga mat into pads to protect your knees.
- Drawer liners: Use your old yoga mat to line your kitchen or bathroom drawers. The cushioning of the mat helps protect fragile items, and the non-slip surface keeps everything in place.
Repurposing your old yoga mat not only helps you save money, but also reduces waste and promotes sustainability. Instead of throwing something away, think about ways it can be given a new life and contribute to the environment in a positive way.
Types of Jade Yoga Mats
Jade Yoga Mats are known for their natural, eco-friendly materials and superior grip. But did you know that Jade offers different mats for different needs? Here are some of the different types of Jade Yoga Mats:
- Harmony – This is Jade’s all-purpose mat, perfect for most types of yoga. It comes in different lengths and thicknesses to fit every body type, and is made with open-cell natural rubber to give you a better grip even when sweating.
- Voyage – If you’re always on the go and need a lightweight and portable mat, the Voyage is for you. It’s thinner than the Harmony mat, making it easier to pack, but still provides excellent traction and support.
- Fusion – For those who need extra cushioning to protect their joints, the Fusion mat is the one to get. It’s thicker than the Harmony and Voyage mats, providing a more comfortable surface while still maintaining the same level of grip.
- Elite S – This mat is designed especially for hot yoga and other sweaty practices. It has a smooth, suede-like material on top to absorb moisture, while still providing the strong grip that Jade is known for.
- Travel – Similar to the Voyage mat, the Travel mat is made with natural rubber and is lightweight and portable. However, it also has a foldable design that makes it even easier to bring along on your travels.
No matter what your needs and preferences are, there’s a Jade Yoga Mat that’s perfect for you. Make sure to read the product descriptions carefully and choose the one that best fits your practice.
It’s worth noting that all of these mats require proper care and cleaning to maintain their quality and longevity. Here are some tips for cleaning your Jade Yoga Mat.